Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
Some men may find the term Male Breast Reduction Surgery embarrassing. Feeling so may make it difficult to discuss. The proper term to be used when consulting with a Plastic Surgeon is Gynecomastia Surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contours.
Gynecomastia is characterized by:
- Excess localized fat
- Excess glandular tissue development
- Sometimes excess breast skin
- Presence unilaterally (one breast) or bilaterally (both breasts)
Plastic surgery to correct gynecomastia is technically called Reduction Mammaplasty.
Are You The Right Candidate?
Gynecomastia surgery candidates include:
- Men whose condition cannot be corrected through alternative medical treatments
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Nonsmokers and non-drug users
- Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia
- Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight
- Men who have realistic expectations
- Men whose breast development has stabilized
- Men who are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
Adolescents may benefit from surgery, although secondary procedures may be needed in the future should breast development continue as the condition can be a result of hormonal changes.
How Quickly Will I See Results?
Gynecomastia Surgery results are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve, and incision lines will fade. Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery. Dr. Monasebian pairs Gynecomastia Surgery with FORMA: Skin Tightening Radio Frequency to speed up recovery time and minimize swelling post-surgery.
Don’t let Gynecomastia can cause emotional discomfort or impair your self-confidence. Call Park Avenue Plastic Surgery today and schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss the possibility of being beach body ready by Summer 2022!